The Nitty Gritty
- Tax and gratuity not included
- Valid Tuesday - Friday only
- Limited to one per person
- Expires October 10th, 2012
- Refunds allowed up to 48 hours after purchase
- Slim Joe Burger only avaliable after 11am
Mama's Historic Brunch includes:
Cast your mind back 60 years, past animated GIFs, reality TV, parachute pants, disco, and the Summer of Love … all the way back to the 1950's, when Michael and Frances Sanchez first opened a little ice cream parlor on the corner of Stockton and Filbert (and Michael sold insurance out the back). They first called it the Herbert Sherbert Shop, but the enterprising duo soon expanded their menu and watched their spot become Mama's, the iconic San Francisco institution that's still going strong and family owned and operated generations down the line.
Fast forward to the present day, when Felicia (Michael and Frances' granddaughter) was rummaging in the basement and discovered a long-lost copy of the original Mama's menu, complete with old-timey lettering and rock-bottom deals. It seemed only natural to celebrate Mama's legacy, so she teamed up with the local history buffs at Scoutmob to create a breakfast special for two to take you back, way back, to the good ol' days of local eats.
Start your breakfast/brunch/lunch (whatever floats your boat) with a choice of six mini buttermilk pancakes or 2 regular 'cakes, then select 2 entrees from your choice of these 1960's Mama's specials:
- The Monte Cristo (roasted turkey breast, honey baked ham, cheddar and gruyere battered in egg, grilled and served with homemade jam) - Slim Joe Burger (grilled ground chuck burger topped with sautéed onions and Monterey Jack, served long and skinny on a grilled sourdough baguette) - The Paisano Benedict (eggs benedict topped with red and yellow bell peppers and pancetta)
Wash down your meal with a choice of Mama's fresh squeezed mimosa or Papa's Picnic Punch (bold California red wine, fresh fruit, and a dash of spice), or stick with beer, wine, soda or coffee. Whatever you choose, Mamas' got you covered.
Get set for breakfast and help us celebrate some serious SF history at the famous corner spot that's been keeping it in the family for 60 years. Only at Mama's and exclusively with Scoutmob.Photos by Kimberley Hasselbrink